What is it?
Why it matters
Facebook is the most popular social network in the world and a primary marketing channel for many organizations. This test allows you to easily benchmark your Facebook presence against other pages you compete with or admire.
How to configure it
Insites attempts to determine what your Facebook Page is automatically, by looking for links from your website to Facebook. If it is unsure, or cannot find a link, you will be prompted to specify these pages manually.
You can also specify your competitors in two ways:
- Insites will check any competitor websites you specify and try to find their Facebook Pages.
- You can also specify Facebook Pages you compete with manually. Click Settings > Facebook settings and enter their Facebook Page addresses in the Competitor Facebook page URLs box.
How to use it
Insites lists any Facebook Pages it finds from this website and your competitors in a table:
For each Page, you can see:
- Current profile image
- Current name
- Website that the profile came from. (This is what was used to detect the Page, not what the Page links to on Facebook).
- Number of followers (‘Likes’)
- Number of people talking about the page in a 7 day period
- Posts per week – the number of posts added in the last 7 days
All of this data is only updated when a report is run.
What to do about it
You can’t directly control the number of Facebook followers you have, but you should be aware of the frequency (“Posts per week”) of your most effective competitors, and be willing to roughly match or exceed that.
How it works
Insites looks for a link from a website to a Facebook Page. If this doesn’t find a Facebook Page you can specify one manually. See how Insites detects social media accounts.